–The Right Attitude for Serving Christ – The life of the believer is to be lived as unto the Lord. This basically and simply means that everything we do and say is to be done to the glory of God.
In today’s Pulpit Points message, Leroy E. Ricks, Sr, reminds us we must be mindful of our responsibility to serve and minister with the right attitude.
–The Power and Purpose of Trauma – Trauma as defined, is an unfavorable, unpleasant or difficult experience that causes one to move in a direction that will change one’s mental state. Today’s message, Dr. Ricks shared with New Berean, that all of us will at some point of time experience trauma. God’s eternal plan through salvation is to use some of these traumatic experiences to change our spiritual mindset towards Him. In effect. trauma will cause us to:
–The Blood of Christ – A couple weeks ago, Pastor Ricks, shared with us in a message entitled, The Body of Christ, several key elements we needed to know regarding Christ’s physical and spiritual body. Today at New Berean, paired up that message with The Blood of Christ. Today we learn what it means to have the blood of Jesus applied to our spiritually bankrupted case and why we should be eager to share in the Communion experience and not be reluctant to partake. Join in today’s Pulpit Points.
–Mothers, Tell Your Children (of God’s Goodness – If you were a mother, what advice would you give another mother to help set up her children for godly approval and success? What words of wisdom would you share with them?
In today’s Pulpit Points message, Leroy E. Ricks, Sr. shares three things that every mother or mother to be should be able to tell their children. on Mother’s Day, we honor our mothers and God does too when they impart the timeless truths of His word on our precious children.
–The Body of Christ – One of the most significant elements of the Christian faith is in the reality that God became man. He became one of his own creatures that he may provide them an example they could follow and be without excuse. In today’s Pulpit Points message, Leroy E. Ricks, Sr, shares with us four reasons why our faith rests on “The Body of Christ”.
–Skeletons – Skeletons are evidence of a dead past. A past that should been buried and walked away from. But as with all of us, we have a past that at times seeks to remind us of where God has delivered us.
Dr. Lamont E. Ricks shares how God’s eternal and abundant grace is what we need to overcome and be delivered from the ungodly influence these skeletons can have on our lives.
–The Importance of Christ’s Resurrection – The most defining element of the Christian faith is in the resurrection of Jesus Christ. In today’s Pulpit Point’s message, Leroy Ricks shares with the congregation of New Berean Baptist Church four particular reasons why it is important that God raised Jesus from the dead and how it plays such an unparalleled part to the overall gospel message.
–Don’t Forget To Give God The Glory – From time to time, we have to be reminded because we tend to forget. In today’s message, Leroy Ricks, Sr of New Berean Baptist Church reminds us that as quick as we are to ask the Lord for help, we are not to forget to give God glory when we receive the help we asked for.
–Pray Like Jabez Prayed – God cares more for us than we can ever imagine. He reminds us that, faith is what pleases Him (Heb. 11:6). He reminds us in His word, that our thoughts do not measure up to His (Isa. 55:8-9) and that we must not be double-minded (Jam 1:5-8)
In today’s message, Pastor Ricks shared with the congregation a message entitled, “Pray Like Jabez Prayed”. In the prayer Jabez offed to the Lord his God (1 Chronicles 4:9-10), he left for us a model of things we can petition the Lord for things in our own life:
Jabez Prayed –
Bless Me Lord
Enlarge My Territory
That Your Hand Lord, Would Be With Me
God, Keep Me From Evil, That I May Not Cause Pain
God’s desire for us is to know we can trust Him and he cares for us. Be encouraged that just as Jabez prayed, we can go to our Lord in faith and boldy ask for grace to help in our time of need (Heb. 4:14-16)
–The Blessings of Being In Christ – Blessings all mine with ten-thousand beside, Great is thy faithfulness, great is thy faithfulness, morning by morning new mercies I see. All I have needed Thy hand has provided, Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord unto me. Blessings are defined as, “a thing conducive to happiness or welfare of another”.
God has endowed us as his children with an infinite source of blessings for both here and in eternity. In today’s Pulpit Points message, Leroy E. Ricks shared with the congregation of New Berean, just some of the many blessings given to us to enjoy and be encouraged by. We are challenged everyday by the ills of the world and the satanic influences set it place to take us away from our focus. But the Lord wants us to be reminded of the blessings we have to keep us focused.
–Pain Before Prosperity – All of us as Christians, have a journey that has taken us through the process of molding and shaping us into the image of Christ. For some of us, the road has been rough and for some of the road has been rougher. None of us will escape the process for in the process, we’ll cross opportunities to grow deeper in our faith. We’ve been forced to deny ourselves more time than we’d like to admit although now are glad for them. God has proven himself to be faithful through them all and in today’s message, Dr. Lamont E. Ricks, shared with the congregation of New Berean Baptist Church how and why the process is necessary and in place to bring God glory.
–Praise For Deliverance – Praying for deliverance is different from praising for deliverance. If you’ve ever been in a desperate situation, you wanted to be delivered. In those times when you were delivered, the overwhelming emotions took over and moved from one extreme to another. Leroy E. Ricks, Sr shares with the New Berean congregation the importance of giving God praise when He delivers us.
–Stuck But Not Stranded – If you’ve ever been in an unfavorable situation longer than you have wanted and felt like you were hopeless, Dr. Lamont Ricks, Associate Pastor of New Berean Baptist Church, shares with us from God’s word why these moments exist and what our response ought to be. As Believers, we are never without hope no matter how dark or deep the circumstance is for our hope is in the Lord.
–It’s Not Your Fault, But You Are Still Responsible – Things happen, Some things are our fault and some are not. In today’s Pulpit Points message of nbbcMinistry, Dr. Lamont E. Ricks, shares with us that whether or not the circumstances we find ourselves, we still have a responsibility to God to do right by Him.
–The Purpose Of God’s Redemption In everything we do or say, we are to give God glory. We are expected to see to it that as we decrease in praise or acclamations for our service and the praise goes to our heaven Father. But we are reminded that whatever God does, he does to his own glory, even when He redeemed us. Although our redemption was for our benefit by escaping the eternal wrath of God and the corruption of this world, ultimately, it was …
–The Power of God’s Intervention Contrary to popular thinking, things happen and don’t happen to us as a direct result of God’s divine providence. God’s omniscience and omnipresence allows Him to know everything and be everywhere at all times so he can demonstrate his omnipotence to control or intervene on thing as they pertain to his good pleasure and will.
–The Power of God’s Timing, Timing is everything. To be in the right place at the right time is critical and can be beneficial to the person wanting to benefit. But in today’s Pulpit Points message from Dr. Lamont E. Ricks, Associate Pastor at New Berean Baptist Church, we learn that our timing is not necessarily God’s timing and we will shorten the benefits when we prioritize our timing over the Lord’s. Pt 1.
– The Power of God’s Timing Part 2
– That Place Called Heaven Heaven is a place people want to go, but most people will not get there. There are various reasons why but God wants all to come to where He is. In today’s message, Pastor Leroy Ricks, Sr shares with us what heaven is who is going to be there as well as who is not
– Christ’s Resurrection Is No Hoax The resurrection of Jesus is the least optional element of the Christian faith. On Christ being raised from the dead, all of the Christian faith hinges. No other aspect equals to what the resurrection means to our faith. The validity of the Christian faith rests securely on the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead. Pastor Leroy E. Ricks shares with the congregation of New Berean Baptist Church why the Resurrection of Christ is No Hoax
– True Friendship is a quality and trait we all would like to speak of in the people we associate ourselves with. The reality is we can’t say that we have true friends in everyone. On the flip side of that, we can’t say that we’ve been true friends ourselves. In a recent message, Pastor Ricks, shares from his pulpit ministry “True Friendship” and highlights; a) The Qualities of True Friendship, b) Things That Hinder True Friendship and c) What It Means To Have Jesus A Our Friend.
– Walking In The Word Of God is foundational to the believer. For the Bible is the inspired conversation of God to mankind and the believer is commanded to follow it. In doing so, God assures us that we will experience the blessings of being obedient. We will experience how and why it is difficult to be obedient and we’ll see what our level of determination is to be obedient from the text of Psalms 119:1-8
– The Believer’s “To-Do List“ – We are all caught up in things to do. But after we are saved, are there things we are should do? Yes, there. Many people will tell you the things we ought not to do but what about the things Gods expects us to be found faithful in? The Lord has included them in His word and in Romans 12, we have a short list. Take a few minutes and write some of the down. We’ve included a worksheet for you. Believers To Do List
– The Security Of Our Salvation – The Security Of Our Salvation, Part I, There are many uncertainties in this life. There are a number of seemingly gray or shaded issues in Christianity. One of the more important issues in Christianity is the security of salvation. In this message, Pastor Leroy Ricks, Sr. shares with us how and why our salvation is secure through the involvement of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
– Help For My Journey – Life’s journey includes some twists, turns, detours, u-turns, flyovers and rail road crossings. We may even get lost at times but he wants us to continue on with the assurances of his help along the way. In this message from Pastor Ricks, we’ll hear and see in the scriptures just how helpful our God is in every situation.
– The High Cost Of Rejecting Christ – Our salvation cost Christ his life. On the ugly side accepting him which leads to salvation is the high cost of rejecting him. Along with eternal damnation there are a number of other things. Pastor Ricks share with us a few things you’ll want to know.
– Stay In Your Lane of Grace – Grace, grace God’s grace. Hard to understand and at time harder to live in.
– 7 Ways To Please God (Pt I) Pastor Ricks shares ways we can please the Lord
– 7 Ways To Please God (Pt II) Pastor Ricks shares ways we can please the Lord
– My Deliverer (Pt I) In the Lord, we can rest assure we have a Deliverer
– My Deliverer (Pt II) In the Lord, we can rest assure we have a Deliverer
– God Will, If He is Willing (Pt I) In all that we hear, say and do, God has the final say so in the matter
– Help Is On The Way (Pt I) Whatever unfavorable situation or circumstances we may find ourselves, we can rest assured we need not to fear, because help from the Lord is available.
– Help Is On The Way (Pt II) – In a continuation of this message, Pastor Ricks shares with us from God’s word the assurance we can have when we are going through unfavorable circumstances.