Men of Grace, we would like to begin a new series of weekly devotions to encourage and challenge us to be the men of God we are and who God has ordained us. In our weekly lessons we will ask us to be like the Bereans and search the scriptures to see if the things we experience are true. Hopefully they will be short but as deep and informed as the Lord leads. The thought behind the “accountability log” serves as a reminder of our responsibility to be accountable to one another and to the Lord. It is to encourage us of the reality we do not have to experience life as it is presented to us. But also as reality, if we chose to face it alone or in our own might we will not please the Lord and we run the risk of being devoured by the overwhelming responsibilities and obligations we have been assigned by the Lord himself.
MGM Log 001 – God is Accountable to You, God’s encouragement to us this week is the reality we are loved. He wants us to know he knows everything there is to us (Psalm 139:1-6) and that we are to live our lives with this knowledge. Knowing our God cares and loves us leads to him being accountable to us. After God created Adam, he then assigned him some things (Gen. 2:19-23). In his assignment, he was equipped with the authority and wisdom of God to perform his various tasks. Adam was not left on his own to figure out how to manage the Garden, his house or family.
Our sinful nature and society would have us to believe it is on us to figure things out and then fix it. We as men are wired to be “fixers” and coupled with that influence, we move to try our hand at coming up with a system or resolution. God wants us to know that he cares for and loves us enough to provide us with all the tools in or our spiritual toolbox that we may attend to every matter as men that arises in our life. When we come to accept God’s accountability to us we can walk and live our lives in front of things assigned to us. If we need resources (Matt. 6:33) he has what we need. If it falls in any other category, he wants us to cast them on him (I Pet. 5:7). Because we do not nor will always have the right fix to the issues we face, our spouses or children or even our friends in the barbershop, we have access to divine wisdom to help direct us and comfort our hearts (James 1:5, 3:17). As the Lord commanded Joshua and all Israel after the passing of his servant Moses, the Lord commands us to “be of good courage” (Joshua 1:1-9) .
MGM Log 002 – We Are Accountable To God
MGM Log 003 – We Are Accountable to One Another
MGM Log 004 – We Have No Excuse, Just Reasons
If you feel, you are free to add feedback comments below for the encouragement of the men following us.
Men of Grace Ministry
is a ministry centered on bringing men into alignment with their specific role before God.
Discipling men to grow in grace through the teachings of his word, accountability and providing an environment to share with and learn from other men how to practically represent the living God in their own lives.
“Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven”
Men Of Grace Ministry Objectives
- Grow Spiritually – That You May Grow
- “Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.” 2 Tim. 2:15
- “as newborn babes, desire the pure milk of the word, that you may grow thereby” 1 Pet. 2:2,
- “And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.” Rom. 12:2
- Biblically Address Our Unique Needs and Responsibilities – For We Are Fearfully, Wonderfully Made
- “that each of you should know how to possess his own vessel in sanctification and honor, 5 not in passion of lust, like the Gentiles who do not know God;” 1 Thess. 4:4, 5
- “But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed. 15 Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death.” Jam. 1:14, 15
- Connect With Other Men To Disciple Us Towards Spiritual Growth and Accountability – Iron Sharpens Iron
- “For as we have many members in one body, but all the members do not have the same function, 5 so we, being many, are one body in Christ, and individually members of one another” Rom. 12:4, 5
- “For as the body is one and has many members, but all the members of that one body, being many, are one body, so also is” 1 Cor. 12:12
- Coming Together For Service – Home, Church and in the Community – Go Ye Therefore
- ”And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.” Matt. 28:18-20
Weekly Accountability Log