Currently we are holding our in-person Sunday Morning Prayer, Praise and Preaching service every Sunday with you in mind and we’d like to greet you with a warm greeting in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. We are excited about sharing the love of Christ with you.
“SAFE FELLOWSHIP PROTOCOL” for all “In-Person” Services
We are asking all of our guests, family and friends to be aware and informed of our “Safe Fellowship Protocol” policy as it applies. During these trying times, we want to do all we can to provide you the assurance of being able to worship and fellowship safely. Based upon the recent changes in our Country and local communities and the instability of the COVID infections, we have established these components in our policy to minimize the risks to you and maximize your worship experience. Thank you for your adherence and cooperation.
Signs have been posted and displayed throughout the facility informing you of our responsibility to you as a guest and yours toward each other in love.
Everyone entering the facility will be asked to wear face coverings or masks as a means to help minimize the risks associated with these communicable diseases. In light of the increased number of people who have been vaccinated, we are aware that some have not received the vaccinations.
Surface body temperatures will be taken of every guest. Anyone recording a temperature >100F degrees will be asked NOT to enter for the consideration, safety and potential health risks of others.
- Greeters will be at each open door to guide and direct you as applicable. They will be available to assist you with any questions or comments you may have regarding your health and safety during the services.
- Hand sanitizer will be made available throughout the facility for your comfort with the church greeters.
- Our seating capacity has been adjusted to ensure the social distancing and other health conscience guidelines are maintained.
- If a guests or someone takes ill or develops unexpected symptoms, we will take necessary actions to ensure containment and see that medical attention is rendered.
Outside The Facility
- All guests are asked to follow the level of safety as it applies to them personally.
- Masks are NOT required to be worn but we expect everyone to be mindful and considerate of those who have and have not been vaccinated or otherwise have special health concerns.
- If the CORONAVIRUS numbers are of a special interest to you, click the VDH (Virginia Department of Health) website link here to get the most up-to-date information available.
The New Berean family invites you to be our guest. Our “Commitment To The Commission of Christ” is blended together with a commitment to preach of the cross (Matthew 28:18-20), missionary work (Acts 1:8), praise, worship & fellowship ( Acts 2:44-47). These elements put together are the basis of all our ministries here at New Berean and we’d like you to be our special guest.
AS AN ALTERNATIVE FOR THOSE WHO CANNOT OR CHOOSE NOT TO COME INSIDE, NEW BEREAN OFFERS OUR:
3600 Bamboo Road Portsmouth, VA 23703
Office Phone: (757) 483-4821 Office Fax: (757) 483-1561
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: I don’t have a way to get there. Can you help me?
A: YES! Free transportation is provided at your request, please call us and we’ll help you!
Q: I have small children and teens. Are they accommodated?
A: YES! All ages are welcome! Free childcare is provided in our nursery, AND children’s classes and activities are held in the classrooms during worship service, so they can have fun learning the Word of God on their own level.
Q: I don’t know how to get there. Can you provide directions to NBBC?
Need some information about our ministry or about Christ? Let us help
3600 Bamboo Rd
Portsmouth, VA 23703