In the fear of the Lord there is strong confidence, and His children will have a place of refuge. Psalm 14:26
We build confidence through knowledge. Knowledge that has come through training/learning and is supported by experience. Like this, our knowledge of the Word of God supplies the seed of faith (confidence) in our minds, and our experiences build our faith, strengthening our confidence, that God has all things in control.
Our confidence through knowledge is based on 3 blessings:
- God’s Continual Presence (Exodus 13:20-22, Exodus 14:19-20, Numbers 9:15-23, Exodus 40:34-38)
- The Bible’s Precious Promises (Psalm 27:1, Deuteronomy 31:7-8, Psalm 46:1, Lamentations 3:22-23, John 14:27, Psalm 55:22)
- Past Experiences in Depending on God. (He’s taken us through various circumstances 2 Tim. 3:11)
Here are some reminders (Do’s and Don’ts) that we can use to help gain, maintain and sustain that godly confidence.
- Learn to accept each day, just as it comes. (Matthew 6:34)
- A successful day is one where you’ve stayed in touch with God. (Isaiah 26:3)
- Remember that God will give you everything that you need to cope with challenges. (I Corinthians 10:13)
- Make wise choices – praying continually about decisions – trusting in God’s perfect wisdom. (Romans 11:33)
- Remember that God is the one who directs our steps and makes them safe. (Proverbs 16:9, Psalm 37:23-24)
- Remember our salvation. We have an inheritance that will never perish, spoil or fade, kept in haven for us. (1 Peter 1:4)
1.) Take control and DO NOT start thinking about problems that could arise in the future – worrying about tomorrow. (Psalm 112:7)
Finally, relax in God’s presence and trust Him to help us deal with problems as they come. True contentment comes from accepting Christ and having faith that in Him you will have everything you need. (Matthew 6:31-32).
Men of Grace ministry is sponsored by the New Berean Baptist Church Ministry